Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship
Birthright Israel Study Abroad is a unique 12-14 day journey, combining the fun of a classic Birthright trip with outdoor classes worth 3 course credits!
Dive into the high pace of Israeli innovation in the start-up nation. This program will frame the central aspects of doing business within the context of the country’s booming high-tech economy and the emerging of global Israeli companies. It will offer you a unique synthesis between state of the art academic studies and practical, hands-on experience with Israeli industry leaders, all while enjoying the classic highlights of a Birthright Israel experience.
May 20th – June 3rd, 2019
THE COURSE AND ITINERARY
Birthright Israel Study Abroad: Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship is an educational experience where the coursework is integrated into your classic Birthright itinerary. The program is comprised of lectures from professionals in the field, hands-on workshops, such as creativity & ideation and team-building and visits to tech companies, and local start-ups.
- Attend TEDxShenkarCollege and interview speakers as social media interns
- Meet with seed level and emerging companies as well as large international corporations
- Develop creative thinking in ideation workshops
- Learn how to leverage personal networks and develop networking skills
- Get a behind the scenes look at experienced entrepreneurs and their decision making process
- Learn essentials in story-telling and presentation skills
All the while, experiencing the trademark awesomeness of every other Birthright Israel Mayanot trip.
Professor Mel Rosenberg was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in 1951. He grew up in Ottawa and immigrated to Israel in 1969. He received his Bachelor of Science from Hebrew University (1973) and went on to pursue both his Masters of Science (1975) and Ph.D. (1982) at Tel Aviv University.
He currently manages the Keter Center for Innovation in Engineering and Design at Shenkar College, where he also serves as advisor to the President of the College on student affairs. Mel currently lectures on creative thinking and personal entrepreneurship at Shenkar College and has published numerous online resources dealing with creativity, sortytelling, oral presentations and other skills.
Rosenberg’s interest in the diagnosis and treatment of bad breath (halitosis) led to the development
of two-phase mouthwashes, now popular in the UK (under the name Dentyl pH) and more recently,
the US (manufactured by Colgate). He is also the inventor or co-inventor of several other patents,
including two microbial inoculation tools, the Quadloop and the Diaslide, an upside-down spray for
treatment of shoe odor, a deodorant for use in the shower, and an anti-microbial flavor combination
- Cost: $250
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 (exemptions made pending form approval)
- Open to students and young professionals from all backgrounds
* Applicants for Summer 2019 can use their Birthright deposit towards the cost of the program!
* Cost includes tuition, round trip airfare (from designated cities), hotel accommodations, transportation, at least two meals per day, and other associated land costs.
*For the classroom aspects of the program, participants are expected to have their own laptops/tablets to take notes (Mayanot/Birthright does not take responsibility for damage, theft, loss etc. Your laptop should be insured).
Upon successful completion of the program you will be given an academic transcript for 3 credits from Shenkar College. If you plan on transferring the credits to your own university, we highly recommend that you confirm with your university before attending this program that the credits are transferable.
This is fully your responsibility.