Whether you are a professional videographer or an amateur YouTuber, make sure to bring your video camera with you on the trip!
We are looking for creative videos that portray your Israel experience with Mayanot in a unique way. This can be done through making us laugh, featuring special music or animation, creating a documentary or short story or making a commercial or trailer of the trip. The video can be about the entire trip or a specific aspect of the experience (educational, spiritual, social, cultural, specific city or attraction, mifgash, etc.). Basically, feel free to get creative!
- Videos will be judged by creativity, creativity and creativity! Judges will also take into account the number of times the video was viewed on YouTube.
- Videos must be not contain nudity, expletives or inappropriate behavior (as a guideline: your film shouldn’t contain footage that wouldn’t be shown in a commercial movie theater).
- Video must contain the words ‘Birthright Israel: MAYANOT’ and ‘mayanotisrael.com’ in the title text for at least 5 seconds each.
- Video must be between 30 seconds and three minutes long.
- Videos should be uploaded to YouTube with the title in the following format: Birthright Israel -Winter 2011- MAYANOT 345. The link should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Original version of video should be available for delivery to Mayanot if requested via email, FTP, or similar.
- Summer videos must be submitted by August 15.
- Winter videos must be submitted by March 30.
- The person submitting the video must be the one who made it. Any films that have more than one claimant will be disqualified.
- Permission must have been granted by anyone whose face appears in the video.
Mayanot reserves the right to disqualify any video for inappropriate content and/or failure to follow the contest rules.
- By entering the video contest each entrant grants Mayanot a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to copy, distribute, adapt, and display the film in Mayanot marketing materials, including but not limited to publication and distribution of the film on Mayanot’s website, facebook page, emails etc.
- Mayanot reserves the right to cancel the contest should there not be enough submissions.
- By submitting a video, you certify that the video is original, was created and filmed solely by you, does not violate any copyright laws, and does not libel, defame, disparage, slander or otherwise infringe on or violate the rights of any third parties. You also certify that you have obtained all necessary and appropriate approvals from all persons and entities participating in or otherwise involved with the creation and production of the film. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Mayanot Institute of Jewish Studies, Friends of Mayanot, its officers, directors and employees, Taglit-Birthright Israel, its officers, directors and employees, and affiliated organizations, and their respective officers, directors and employees, from any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or rise out of any materials breach by you, the entrant, of these contest rules or the representations made in this paragraph.