Preparing for your Birthright Israel Trip with the best clothes, toiletries and supplies is a huge part of ensuring an outstanding trip experience. Here at Mayanot Israel, we’re delighted to help you with this comprehensive packing list cheat sheet to guarantee you’ll know exactly what you need to bring to the Holy Land. We want to absolutely ensure that you have the most amazing experience and can’t wait to see you at Ben Gurion!
Click on the link for our Birthright Israel summer packing list or Birthright Israel winter packing list.
The Clothing You Should Pack!
- Short sleeve shirts and pants/shorts for 11 days
- 12 pairs of underwear
- 12 pairs of socks
- 1 pair of sweatpants
- 1 sweatshirt- it can get chilly at night
- 2 long sleeve shirts
- Comfortable sneakers/walking shoes without heels
- 2 or 3 bathing suits
- Hat (very important to block sun)
- Hiking boots or sturdy sneakers *Required*
- Sturdy “water” shoes/sandals (You will need them! Crocs/Tevas are fine. Flip-flops aren’t) 1 pair of nice shoes for Shabbat
- Girls: 1 or 2 casual long skirts (covering the knees) for weekday touring at religious sites 2 long skirts for Shabbat 2 nice blouses/tops (covering the shoulders) for Shabbat
- Guys: 2 button-down shirts for Shabbat 2 pairs of nice khakis/slacks for Shabbat
Don’t Forget Toiletries
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Deodorant Sunscreen (minimum 30 SPF – very important!)
- Eyeglasses and/or contact lenses
- Lip balm
- Feminine Products
- Shaver / razors
- Any prescription medication & a photocopy of the medication
- Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Imodium, etc
- Antibacterial hand lotion
- If you have allergies, be sure to bring a few Epi-Pens with you – one to be carried by you, one for the medic and one spare
- Passport (You cannot come to Israel without a valid passport. If you have a US and Israeli passport, you will need to bring both.)
- Change of clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Camera or Smartphone (and charger)
- Magazines, books, etc…
- Backpack/overnight bag *Required*
- 1 Towel (for swimming outside of Hotels)
- Flashlight (you will need it!)
- Plug adapter for Israel (for appliances that convert voltage automatically.)
- Plug converter for Israel (for devices that don’t convert automatically.)
- Electrolyte/Gatorade powder (helps to stay hydrated in the heat!)
A few tips:
- It is essential to leave a photocopy of your passport at home
- If you can’t lift it yourself, then you’ve got too much stuff in your bag. Remember, it will only get heavier once you buy gifts and souvenirs!
- Try to use luggage with wheels.
- We highly recommend bringing a luggage lock to keep your valuables safe.
We hope this list helps you answer all those questions you might have about what you need to bring for your trip. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for more information!
Our phone number:1-888-MAYANOT or feel free to email us at email@example.com